Thursday, January 30, 2014
Post 3- My Speech
It was painful to watch myself as I delivered my speech. Not because of how I said the information, but how I just stood there. I can safely state that for not being as "ready" for my speech I delivered it quite well and spoke with confidence. But I can also state that since I was not entirely comfortable and I wasn't entirely familiar with my speech I did not utilize the space around me nor did I engage my audience. While my information was strong and well said, it will not say much about me if I do not leave a good standing impression on my audience. If there is anything I would most definitely change, it would be to use more space and possibly be more energetic. I seemed to have lacked energy as my speech went on. But, I do think most of the problems would be solved if I better prepared myself, my speech, and I stay focused as I present.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice reflection Matthew. It's always hard to watch these videos, but I think it's a great exercise to do at the beginning to see what kind of "natural" speaking habits you fall into. That's why I didn't make delivery count for any piece of your grade with this speech. So with your critique of your delivery, we know what to pinpoint and play up in the upcoming speeches. But if you're happy with the information that you delivered, that means overall that the speech was a success because that's what I was really focusing on. We'll work on techniques for delivery next week.
ReplyDelete